Friday, September 25, 2026

To Be Antisemite

 Sean Ward is the person who tried to kill people at the Synagogue in Ontario, Canada. This guy served in Infantry Canadian Armed Forces. It is quite a coincidence the attempted Jewish killer was with the Canadian Military. The Canadian Military seems to attract racists. This guy was targeting Jewish people with his hate. He called himself the "KiteKiller." He could not use the derogatory K-word on the internet gaming sites because of the label being tagged as racist. There are no tears going to be shed for Sean, nope, he made the choice to carry out his hate and fortunately for the Jewish people at the Synagogue, he was killed by police. 

No doubt Sean Ward found like minded racists in the Military. The Canadian Military seems to breed racists. This former solider can be labeled an antisemite. The Antisemite label is for people who are racists towards the religious followers of Judaism, known as Jews. How someone knows what religion a person follows must be a gift. I mean how do you know? There must be clues, like wearing a Kippa for men (the skull cap) or scarves for Women. Quite something isn't it, just think Jews were forced to wear hats to identify them. There are other people who do wear head gear or other items which makes it easier to identify their religious beliefs; Turbans, Feathered Headdresses, Hijabs, Cassocks, Kufis. For me, I remember the tv show "The Flying Nun." I did go to the Indian Residential school but the Nuns there, didn't have the big wings like Sally Fields of the Flying Nun. The Nuns word scowls and crosses on their necks, along with the Habit. So for me, if I was to be targeting a Jewish person with hate, I wouldn't know how they look. So I guess lurking around the Synagogue would be the first clue to who is a Jewish person. For the life of me, I never could understand why people don't like the Jews? What did they do, kill God or something? 

The hate for Jewish people must be really something, there is a specific word dedicated for the type of racism aimed at them. Maybe there had to be a word made for the hate because being Jewish is not really an ethnic group or race. So can you really call it racism? I guess Antisemite is more specific. Is it though? I mean are the Jewish people Semitic? Whether Jews are Ashkenazi or Semitic does not change that hate is hate. Jewish people, European or American are targets for hate filled arseholes. Religious groups are targeted by people with hate and anger. The thing is if you don't know the religious symbols, you might attack the wrong religious person. There are cases where Sikh men have been killed because the misguided bigots thought they were Muslim. That's the thing right, you have to know something about religious beliefs and symbols to target the right people for your hate. You wish to be an Antisemite, you have to know your Kippa from your Kirpan. 

You know I hear the Antisemite chant a lot these days. The B'nai Birth of Canada are saying the number of hate filled attacks against Jews is rising. Lot of that is linked to the Genocide being committed by Israel. The Zionists are making people feel ugly towards Jews. Jews and Zionists are not the same. Zionism is not a faith, while Judaism is the faith, the Jewish faith, but I could be wrong. I don't equate Jews with Israel, not really. Am I antisemitic because I vehemently oppose the genocide of Palestine, the Women, the children being massacred daily by Israel. It if does, then colour me Antisemitic. I can't in any shape or form believe standing up for people in Palestine is wrong or based of hatred. It is beyond repugnant to equate any kind of argument for genocide as being antisemitic. Who knew Pink was religious? We never know who is of Jewish faith, do we? I was baptized into the Roman Catholic Church as a baby. I am not Catholic, I follow Anishinaabe Traditional Teachings, also called a "Traditional." Natives (Indians), Blacks, People of Colour are targeted daily for their race, their ethnicity and it is based on racism. I think there are different words for that kind of hate; xenophobia, homophobia, misogyny, bigotry. There should be a word for specific groups as well, this way society knows who the hate is aimed at, and not just a general hate. We all know who is the target when we say antisemitic, but what if you hate Black people? Maybe we can call it Negrophobia? No that is not a cool thing to say. It in itself is an ugly label. What about a word for the hate of Latinos? They were called Beaners and it may still be a label used in the United States. Again this is not cool, it is a label for sure, a real racist term. Indians, what do we use to say racism, hate against Natives; Redskin, Squaw or Wagon-burners? Nope that is opposite of terms used to describe racism to a specific group not to add a racist term to identify them. 

Jewish groups are doing a disservice to themselves by labelling everyone and antisemite. The word loses its "umph." It is like the word racist in today's society. People are proud of their racism, so calling them that, is no longer an insult or a call out. "I'm racist, so what of it?" Telling everyone they are antisemite for caring about Palestine just alienates them. The world is in a battle not of right and wrong but of "who is harmed more." The thing is hate hurts no matter who.  As the crazy of the Earth we act selfishly. Even in the midst of ugly hate, killing, and choices, we will make it about who is winning the victim contest. "We suffer more than everyone else."






No comments:

Post a Comment

To Be Antisemite

 Sean Ward is the person who tried to kill people at the Synagogue in Ontario, Canada. This guy served in Infantry Canadian Armed Forces. It...