Friday, February 12, 2016

Can You Hear Me?

I watched the King's Speech a while back and the one scene resonated. I must admit I am not one for the dramas. I like action romance comedy murder mystery intrigue :) like the move Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Now that was a love story. The Kings Speech was a very feel good movie. The scene where Colin Firth yells out at his speech coach, "I have a voice". I hear you.

There is this old saying "if a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?" Although its simple question, there is no simple answer. As with this blog, do you still have a voice if no one listens? Or do I talk to hear myself talk?

I want people to hear me. Its an ego thing but also its about how fragile we are (me). How many of us want to be heard? We have something to share, to say, to point out, to argue, to vent and to cry. Just someone to hear us.

Our people have a voice. That voice is getting louder. Doesn't matter if some people won't want to hear. They are going to be heard regardless.

Me I want to be heard as well.

About what? I really couldn't tell you. At first I thought a good way to tell some stuff about me. Maybe share some experience. Maybe cry a little bit. I don't know. Maybe leave something behind when all is said and done. Still I will continue to make noise even if there are no ears out there. Like the tree in the forest, it does not make a noise if no ears are there to hear it, but it still falls anyway. We all have voice regardless of how we use it.




I'm drunk today and I'm rarely sober
A handsome rover from town to town
Oh, but I am sick now and my days are numbered
So come ye young men and lay me down"

Van Morrison - Carrickfergus 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Knowledge Keeper and Knowledge Giver

There are many beautiful things in the world. Of those beautiful things are youth. How beautiful everything and everyone is when they are yo...