Saturday, May 5, 2018

Enjoy a Night of Arts in Winnipeg.

This home-body decided to go out and enjoy a night of the Arts in Winnipeg. First stop was an (painting and other media) art show, followed by an evening of music in the West End of Winnipeg. Normally if I do go out for an evening of entertainment it is usually at the opera (just kidding). Actually I do like Classical music. I always thought as a kid it was too snotty for me but if it were not for Bugs Bunny I would never had experienced The Barber of Seville. If not for the movie Excalibur I would have missed on O Fortuna, Carl Orff. Anyway, cartoons and movies have expanded my taste in the arts.

Cre8ery Gallery and Studio had an art exhibition tonight. There were a few artists having their work on display. It was a very good night of meeting the Artists and discussing their works.

Michael Joyal - Would You Even Remember show was fantastic.

Artist Statement
My red hood was torn; I'm never coming back
Michael’s work focuses on reinterpreting characters from mythology and fairy tales. Self-taught as a watercolour painter, Michael explores roles of feminine power, turning victim into victor. Worlds of wonder and mystery evoke feelings of strength, anger, melancholy and joy. Villains are vanquished, and creatures are empowered in large, vibrant watercolour landscapes.  

Jordan Miller is the owner of Cre8ery Gallery in Winnipeg. She is of course an artist and lover of the arts. Her partner Dave Swiecicki is a photographer and musician. 
Dan Hawksworth,  Susan Birdwise, Holly Nelson Elena El were a few of the artists on hand to meet and greet the public. Elena El is having an solo exhibit May 24. 
Dave S
The art show was my first stop for the evening. From the art show I went on to a music show at the West End Cultural Centre Bill Bourne was having a show.  I had never heard of him before, (I live in a cave it seems). The man was awesome. A man his stopping foot and a guitar and a banjo. 

The thing I found great was the opportunity (however briefly) to meet new people. That is what is great about the arts, people are there to enjoy themselves. That good energy is easy to feed off.

I met quite a few people.

German Women
A trio of German Women. Lydia and her friend had just met Frederike as well. Frederike is traveling Canada via Greyhound bus.





danhawkartisitic@gmail.com
@danhawk333 

Elena El
artelstudio.com

Jordan Miller
holly.nelson@gmail.com
I love art and appreciate those who also love the arts. 
You know what is cool?  Art is everywhere and there are so many different types of artists. The other cool thing, artists are willing to answer my stupid and annoying questions. 
The opening music act at the West End was a local singer Madeline Roger.  Artists put the groove into groovy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Knowledge Keeper and Knowledge Giver

There are many beautiful things in the world. Of those beautiful things are youth. How beautiful everything and everyone is when they are yo...